Sunday, January 25, 2009

Oh no, I missed a few days?
We have to write 2 new short stories for my script writing class, and turn the BEST ONE into a script. So, I'm going to try to do two really good ones so that the script will come easy. The problem is I started thinking of the script BEFORE thinking of the actual story.

The first one is about a 65 year old successful American CEO, who's retiring. But he's reflecting back on his life, and all the little incidents that he had missed.... like all those songs his ex-wife used to play him on the piano, or all the places in the world he went to...but never truly took the time to really BE THERE...etc. It's turning out pretty great, I'm so proud but I think I've written too much for a short story.

But I like the second one the most because it's never really been done before, and it's not exactly a movie with a full written plot, which is interesting because I can still get the point across to the audience. Hopefully it works out but I won't say what it's about haha

In terms of Advertising? Here's what I've noticed within some ads, particularly RETAIL ads.
It surprises me that some of these retail brands, who are doing so well, don't use a mix of races within their ads. I think it's a great way to broaden your customer base, since people can relate to the people in that ad. For example, putting a Mexican boy beside a Japanese girl. You know? How often does it happen. It happens sometimes, but I don't think often enough.

I should call their photographers and suggest it, :D

No comments:

Post a Comment